Monday, October 7, 2013

September Faves

This is coming in a few days late, seeing as it's already October but better late than never. This is the first time I'm doing a 'monthly favourites' post but thought it'd be a good idea to get to know what I've been using, reading and buying the past month.

- Olay Fresh Effects: Contouring Face Cleansing System: I actually bought this during late July but wanted to give it a fair chance. I've been using it for more than 2 months now and love how clean it leaves my face. I bought it for $14.99 and it does the job (7/10)
- Simple Vital Vitamin Day Cream (SPF 15): I bought this in August and I've never really used any facial creams before. I chose this because it's for sensitive skin and it the smell is light. I put it on after cleansing my face with a toner, just right before I apply my foundation and it has left my face really moisturized. It was also $9.99 at my local Walmart (6/10)
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume: I've owned this perfume since December of last year and I absolutely love the lasting power. Probably my only perfume that I don't have to continuously apply throughout the day. The smell is a bit powerful for some but I love the fruity smell (9/10)
- CSI Miami: I've totally been indulging in old seasons and episodes of this TV show, no matter how corny. When I work in the afternoon, I'd watch a few episodes while getting ready
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: It has sheer coverage and provides 8 skin benefits. It also minimizes the visibility of my pores. I've been using this BB cream for about a year now and during the year I've tried different ones but continue to go back to this one. It has 30 SPF which is great to use during the Summer season (9/10)
- Make-up Sponge: I got my "Beauty Blender" dupe from Winners for $6.99 and I've been using it to apply my foundation for two months now. I love the fact that it evenly distributes my foundation in one shot, it's small but powerful! (8/10)
- O.P.I James Bond Collection in Skyfall: Throughout the entire month of September (up until now) I've been going back and painting my nails this colour. It's just such a great wine red and love it to pieces! (10/10)
- Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender: I've been really into making smoothies for breakfast and this is perfect to take to work. It has a traveler's lid which is perfect to just blend & go! I've been trying out new recipes and it's been a great alternative to my regular peanut butter and banana sandwich combination. It was also $10 at Walmart (10/10)

What were some of your September favourites? Leave a comment below!

Talk soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment