Sunday, September 15, 2013

Shopping Haul: 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target

Today was the day a lot of people were waiting for, the arrival of the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target collaboration in stores and online! Now, I've never really stood in line during the wee hours of the morning to purchase anything but today, I made an exception for Phillip Lim.
 
 
I remember when Target announced the collaboration in early May of this year and many people couldn't believe their eyes or ears! Was it true, Phillip Lim was going to design a line just as chic, trendy and versatile as his beloved Phillip Lim 3.1 for the fraction of the cost? Today, that became a reality!
 
 
My friend D and I woke up around 4 am this morning to go to our local Target store (in the GTA) and as we arrived in line, there were already a few people there. I expected a bigger line but we did get there at 5:15 am and the store opened at 8 am. The line continued to grow and my friend Mal later met us. Being third in line was amazing and to our surprise we had conversations with (in girl terms) our shopping 'rivals' (we were all obviously just as committed).
 
 
 
The line progressed from 10 people for an hour to 150-200 people before store opening, luckily they had a crowd control plan in order! They let the first 25 people in once those doors opened at 8 am and I swear to you I ran to the accessories section & the rest was a blur. The next thing I knew, we had a cart full of purses and clothes and needed an aisle as far away as possible from the crowd.
 
 
After spending $422 at Target, I came out with 4 purses, 1 scarf and 5 pieces of clothing - Now, I don`t know if I`m  going to keep them all but they were all great pieces and honestly, the wait for the collection, the early wake-up call, the line-up & the small mishaps along the way were all WORTH IT!
 

I've never really experienced this type of shopping, but it definitely has prepared me for Isabel Marant x H&M and my future trip to New Jersey during American Thanksgiving.


 
 BTW: To the woman (and her daughter) who used her 2 bag limit to help me by my mothers bag, I want to say a huge thank you! There are truly nice people left in the world! I offered her coffee and she didn`t even want that, she was just so happy and thankful that we gave her a bag for her daughter.
 
What did you get during your haul? Comment down below, I'd like to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment