Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Did I cross the border? These prices can't be right!


Toronto recently got a piece of shopping heaven. On Thursday August 1, 2013 the Toronto Premium Outlets opened its doors as the first outdoor premium outlet shopping centre in Canada. Being the shopaholic that I am, I had to go during the opening weekend. My parents and I(amongst other consumers) followed  suit as the highway exit was backed up and there was a line-up to the parking lot. Luckily, my family and I are avid cross border shoppers so, we knew the ins and outs of the outlet chaos.
 
 
My mother and I were really excited to check out all the good deal and mainly to compare if the prices were worth it. I mean, we shopped in Jersey most of the time - their taxes are next to nothing compared to ours.
 
 
I got my Cole Haan Lunargrand Wingtips in suede - they are regularly $200 and I got them for 50% off + 10% off ($90). I also purchased a Kate Spade notebook and make-up pouch, both were 40% off + extra 20% off. Including taxes, I think I spent about $130 which is not bad at all considering regular retail prices of the items I purchased.

 
I was satisfied, especially because I've been eyeing those shoes for more than a year! The drive was about 45 minutes, which isn't so bad! I think all Torontonians should check it out, I mean there's even a Hudsons Bay Outlet (it's the very first ever!) and prices weren't so bad if you think about it; you won't be spending so much on gas and you could still save some $ on shopping!
 
Have you checked out the outlets? Find any gems? I'd like to hear!
 
Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment